Tuesday, January 1

New Year 2013


towards the end of the year, i started to hear rumblings of folks true feelings towards me. it was an interesting  month because i never thought i did anything mean spirited towards anyone and so i was shocked to hear that i wasn't liked or even taken seriously. i guess i never out any mind to it until it hurt. im not saying im a perfect friend but "i thought we were friends" :)

i am saying this to say that it sparked something new in me. 

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
This is a new year and a time to reflect on a new me. when you go to a well for nourishment and the well has run dry, then you musn't keep returning to that same well. not that im saying that the well is bad or that the well should be given away. just that its not the place to go back to to get what you need. it will just have to be fixed later when you yourself learns how to fix the well. there is a time and place for all things and all relationships.

"a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,  a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak," Ecclesiastes 3:6-7

What i really understand though is i must take myself seriously as well. what i put out for others and from me must be something i believe in as well. There are a few women in my life that i admire because they are overcoming what holds them back. i have told them so, but i realize that i need to put that same positive encouragement into my own heart. admire myself for overcoming what holds me back. and i always tell my oldest that everybody has an opinion of her. some good, some bad. but what matters most is her own opinion of herself, otherwise she will take someone elses and it may not be the good one she chooses.

Time to take my own advice and put it into practice. As well, it matters what i use to judge my own self with. And I know its time to renew my own mind according to Gods vision and design of who i am and what he intended me to be.

Happy New Year friends. stay looking forward. its time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...