Tuesday, November 22

I am Second : The Greatest Gift

Richard Ellis: I am Second

Yesterday, through the I am Second Challenge, we were encouraged to encourage someone else. That was what yesterdays post was about. I chose those, like me, who needed encouragement in their marriage. Gods way. Because I was getting discouraged with my way in my marriage. I hate to fail. And I was getting upset that the marriage and our life wasnt going how I wanted it to be. Its hard to step back and realize that no matter what I think, there is always my way, his way and then His way. And we both needed to start again and try His way. Even if it meant that the hubby would fail. I have to put my trust in God first and my husband second.

So today after watching the video again, I thought about what Richard Ellis was saying about Gods gift to us and how there will never be a way to repay Him for what He has given us. It is just up to us to receive the gift,

"I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life." John 5:24 NLT

Just as we do at Christmas, we receive gifts without any notion of repayment and are humbled by the gesture and thankful to the gift giver. Whether its your spouse, boy/girlfriend, our military, our president, family or friends or yes even our Savior Jesus Christ; making the ultimate sacrifice is something to be ever grateful for.

Jesus' sacrifice was the Greatest Gift

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...