Friday, December 2

Santa Claus Is [NOT] Coming to Town

I admit: Christmas is NOT my favorite holiday. This time of year is so up and down for me. On the down: trying to keep up with the target and toys r us of it all. Worrying about having gifts under the tree has been highly stressful. Heck, even having to start over and explain there is no Santa to the babies is harder this year than before with the oldest.

The up side: christmas music and the spirit of giving, just as God would see fit.

"And give according to what you have, not what you don't have. Of course, I don't mean your giving should make life easy for others and hard for yourselves." 2 Corinth 8:12

I admit for the past 6 or so years, I just haven't been able to give according to what I used to have. And it gets harder every year. Of course we always want to overload on the gifts for the kids! But because I don't believe in ol Saint Nick I am trying to focus more on the real reason Christmas is celebrated. And to my kids, it is so easy to sound like a crazy ol coot. "No Santa!"

Well....this year I had decided to follow the tradition of advent rather than focus on what we don't have. And we began with reading the very first chapter in Genesis. And you know what I got...a Booooo. Now granted the kid is six but I was stunned that my lil church goer would boo the bible. And then in a matter of hours ask me when was Santa bringing his DS....*jaw dropping* "No! Santa!" Aw snap, all the waters broke loose. Kids crying and screaming. "I want him to come tonight!" "I want presents" The Chefs saying tell them Santa is Jesus ...


What just happened????

No, Santa is not coming to this town ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...