Saturday, December 17

Storm Chasers

I'm sitting here watching Wacky Races with the Rat and the Bean. At 5 & 6 they really have no idea how cool this moment is. To sit and watch a show I loved as a kid. Muttley the dog has my favorite kinda laugh ever!

This is such a peaceful moment compared to the day that lies behind me. It started off this calm and cool. And then oh drat! it went horribly wrong. And me the tornado tore through the house. Couch cushions and clothes and shoes and dress bags, dishes and dvds all strewn this way and that. I had a project due for the church's end of year dinner and I couldn't get it to work. This neat freak can do some damage. I tore the house up in frustration. I put my bid in for the Oscar with my tear driven academy performance; throwing myself across the bed, sobbing and drowning in large amounts of self pity.

And all the meanwhile there was the Chef, chilling, watching t.v. without a care in the world. Me and Dick Dastardly are quite the same in that we put so, so much effort to get what we want and we end up losing in the end. Now I don't have the same dastardly intentions as he does but the effort is the same. This new year I plan on being more calm and cool like the Pink Panther (can you see we've moved on in cartoons) and the Chef. See he is like Penelope Pitstop. Not in a girly way of course. But in the way that she would ride and just be chill in the race. Getting her hair and makeup done while crossing the finish line.

The Chef said, in my whirlwind, "its ok, we'll get there when we get there. We'll be right on time". And sure enough when we got there, I could see that they weren't even set up for my part of the night. And we didn't even do the project. All that stress and craziness only to end in such disappointment.
But at the end of the night the kids put it all into perspective and brought laughter to it all when they got to play in the snow machine. They laughed so hard and squealed in delight! It didn't even matter. But I do know this, no more underdog for me. Not this year. I love my family way too much, and they love me 100 times more, to even let me be a failure. Because no matter who I disappoint outside my doors, the Chef, the Doll, the Bean & the Rat will always think I'm on top. Thank God for my storm chasers.

Romans 12:2
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...