Tuesday, December 20

Vitor Belfort: I am Second

Day 10 | I am Second [22] Day Challenge

VIDEO: Vitor Belfort: I am Second

What pain do you need to ask Jesus to take from you today?

The holidays are always the most intense time of the year for people to feel so sad and discouraged and hopeless and angry. I've struggled with all those emotions. But this is a season of JOY!

I was listening to Christmas music this morning as I was out working and as I was singing, the words just seemed like new words to me. I love Christmas music. Love, love, love. I'd like to believe I am a Christmas music expert. But this year singing them meant something a little more deeper. This year as been a year for me to finally move through some more of the pain I have experienced in my life. We all do. We all suffer, we all lose, we all are challenged. And sometimes we just don't know how to handle those emotions. And during this time of year, many people can get caught up in the sadness of it all and many will take there lives. I am living and understanding more and more that you don't have to take your life to make those feelings go away. You have to give your life...give it to our Savior, Jesus. In that there is freedom. And its not a perfect journey. Its not meant to be perfect. But it is so much easier when you have someone who already knows how to carry such a burden when he has already carried the weight of a cross.

"Carrying the cross by himself, he went to the place called Place of the Skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha" | John 19:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...