Monday, November 21

I am Second: How Did You Know God?


Bailee Madison: I am Second  - Watch the Video


I've come to the realization that we don't know when our time will come to an end but as we get older we are much more aware that we have one. And having a relationship with God is vital. Knowing He is first and we are Second. And so I want to teach my kids now so they can carry that with them and have it in their hearts and have it recalled to their minds when they need it most. And so I teach them that we do nothing in this world without God and we go from there. And for us it starts with prayer.

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

I pray every day for and with my children. What warms my heart is the fact that they love to pray to God sincerely. They like to thank Him for the goodness they have like the great food mommy makes or the pretty way the Rats hair gets done or for playing catch like a football player. They like to pray to Him even when they are mad at me because I wouldn't let them have candy or more time on the computer or stay up late. But what is even more touching is the way my son prays for others. My son always asks can he pray for me: when I'm sick, when i cry, when i get hurt. He always prays for his teacher and the kids in his class ("i'm gonna start praying EVERYDAY when I get home from school") and at night he always prays for those out on the street for protection and to get food and beds to sleep in. I am proud of my kids for not only believing but for asking the questions they want to ask about God and Jesus ("how do you and Jesus know so much") and what that means for them. I am proud of them for using their prayers for others. They are very compassionate (and a little dramatic) kids. All three of them. I have three good kids and I hope this relationship they are building will make life a little easier in the long run.


How did you know about God growing up? How do you talk to your kids now about God being first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...